Monday, May 10, 2010

My Backstory

(This is writing from a first person perspective)

"Reth Adares. A nord. With a Dunmer name. I have always been picked on for it. It wasn't my choice. But it was my loving parents choice. My Dunmer parents choice."

"What? Dunmer parents? Are you sure those dreams aren't getting to your head?" Jiub asked with a raised eyebrow.


"I just said it didn't I?" Reth quipped. Jiub just glared.

"Anyways, I was apparently left on an island in the Sheogorath Region. A ship crash supposedly. Vampires in a local cave found me. I guess they didn't like me and left by the shrine of Malacath. They didn't like me either. And they left me in Dagon Fel. Apparently, someone there did like me. A very nice dunmer lady. A young lady though. 17. She had no child of her own. In fact she was leaving. Leaving for Firewatch. I guess she saw me and took her with. I didn't find out until I was older that she was leaving for fear of being killed. She had already escaped from the Telvanni once. Now she had to do it again. But she did want a child to bring to her husband. Her Nord husband."

"Are you just creating the most annoying story ever to mock me? I can kill you. You realize that right?" Jiub said plainly.

"Hahaha good luck with killing me, I'm untied too you realize that right? And no. This is true. Continuing. She made it to Firewatch and met up with her husband. Her husband was actually a personal guard to the Duchess. The Duchess actually named me. Named me Reth. I can never remember why though. I grow up very loved by most of the people in the Castle. By the time I was twelve I started to learn how to fight. By the time I was 15 I was a guard down at the port. I got into quite a bit of trouble though. Lots of fights with different people. Lots of breaking things at the port. On accident of course. I was naturally curious. By the time I was 27 I was a personal guard to the Duchess along with my father. He was in fact captain of the Guard then."

"That is believable. Wild but believable. But I what I want to know is why are you on this boat as a prisoner, and also, whats the tattoo from?" Jiub asked with a very kind tone this time.

"The tattoo was something to mark me part of a group of guards. A long story for another time. Me being in prison though? I was wrongly accused."

"For what?"

"Attempted assassination of the duchess, and murder of the guard captain, 7 guards, and my mother."

Jiub noticed the terrible look on Reth's face when he said that. He calmly told Reth that he didn't have to tell if he didn't want to.

"I need to though. I guess what happened is an assassin sneaked into the castle and quietly killed guards as he made his way up to the Duchess' bed room. Unfortunately for him me and my father were in the room outside of her's. Unfortunately for my dad he was standing right in front of the door and the assassin cut him from ear to ear with a dagger. I quickly grabbed the assassin and started beating his face in with tears running down my own. This was going good until the assassin used some kind of trap on his body and sent me writhing off of him. He stood up with blood dripping from his broken jaw and nose. He pulled a few teeth out and jammed them into the side of my skull. Once he finished with that he started walking to the Duchess' room and right before he opened the door I drug myself up and tackled him. We rolled on the floor for a minute until he got on top of me and started beating me like I had beat him. I eventually turned my head to the side and he punched the teeth he had put into my head and he drew back for just a second. That second was long enough for me to jump up grab him and slam him through the door to the balcony. I slammed to hard though and we both fell to the ground below. I used his body as a cushion. In the moment before we hit though I realized he was the second important bodyguard for the Duchess. I blacked out as we both hit the ground. I woke up in the courtyard. My mother was being drug out and was beheaded in front of me. I was then drug into a ship and shipped off to Cyrodill. I spent 5 years in the prison. Never treated badly though. I couldn't figure it out though. One day I meant my brother though. He was a real nord. Raised by two nords in solsthiem. He looked mostly like me though. He was also treated kindly. About three weeks ago though in the dead middle of the night I was told to wake up and get in a carriage. And then you know the rest of the story."

Jiub blankly stared at me for a minute then smiled. Almost as if he did know me. It was a strange feeling. I told him I was going to back to sleep before we got to Vvardenfell. He mumbled something under his breathe about Azura and the Nerevarine as fell asleep...

No comments:

Post a Comment